Sunday, October 19, 2014

Strawberry Cheesecake (Non Dairy, Gluten Free)

Today was my birthday! I ALWAYS have cheesecake for my birthday- it's my favorite!  But since we are on an allergen free diet, that kinda eliminates the option for cheesecake.  So I set out to make one that was non dairy and gluten free.  I make my own graham crackers, so the crust would be easy enough to replicate, but I didn't have any made- ARGGHHH!  So I had to come up with a better plan.  The result was pretty tasty!

Ingredients

Cheesecake
2 c cashews
1/2 c lemon juice
1/2 c honey
1/3 c coconut oil melted

Crust
2 1/2 c gluten free chocolate chex cereal
3 Tbs non-dairy butter, melted

Topping
2 C thawed strawberries
2 Tbs sugar

Step 1. Boil cashews in 5 c. water for 1 hour. In the meantime...
Step 2. Crush cereal.  Mix in melted butter and coat well.
Step 3. Spread into bottom of pie pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Step 4. When cashews are done, rinse and place cashews in blender.  Add lemon juice, honey, and coconut oil to blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Step 5. Pour over crust.  Place in fridge to allow to cool and set-up overnight. 
Step 6. Mash thawed strawberries and mix with sugar.  Spread over cheesecake.
Step 7. Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment